TOEFL Requirements for WVU
- Students entering West Virginia University directly from their home countries must have the required TOEFL score. Students who have been enrolled in the IEP for at least one semester as full-time students can be admitted with the following scores:
- Undergraduate students must have a 500 TOEFL score or complete the highest level of the IEP with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Graduate students must have a 550 TOEFL score and meet the conditional requirements of their graduate program.
Note: Several university departments require a score higher than 550 to meet requirements.
ITP TOEFL Rules
On the day of the test:
- You must arrive early (at least 15 minutes before the time the test is supposed to start).
- You must bring a photo ID and your payment receipt. You must turn off your cell phone completely.
- You will be provided with a pencil and an eraser.
- You must put all of your personal belongings away, including your cell phone and your receipt. The only items on your desk should be your ID and those that we will provide you with: a pencil, an answer sheet, and a test book.
- You are not allowed to take notes on the test book, except during the listening section.
- You must remain seated and quiet throughout the entire test.
- If you have any questions, you should raise your hand and wait for assistance. Do not talk to any other test taker sitting near you.
- You are not allowed to bring any foods or drinks (except for a bottle of water).
- You will not have any breaks during the test, not even to use the restroom.
- You are not allowed to leave the room before the test is over.