Refund and Fee Reduction Policy
For students who have paid for their program and are requesting a refund, please refer to the WVU policy concerning refunds.
- Be on time for class.
- Regular class attendance is required for students to be successful in their classes. Students are expected to attend all classes. If a student is not in class, they are losing opportunities to communicate in English. Absence from class for any reason will give a student one absence for that day in that class. In addition, attendance is part of Student and Exchange Visitor Information System requirements for F1 student visas.
- Students who experience serious illnesses (requiring hospitalization) may have up to two weeks of excused absence. Students should call and email the IEP should they have a problem that will lead to missing class. Maternity leave will include two weeks of excused absence as well.
- Failure to attend class may result in deportation. If a student is not in class for two weeks, administration will be notified.
Online Attendance Policy
- Synchronous class sessions will be held twice a week through the online classroom on eCampus. Regular class attendance is required to be successful in classes. Students are expected to attend all synchronous online class sessions.
- Since technological issues may arise, please join the session a few minutes early to allow your computer to connect. If a student is unable to attend class due to an unforeseen technical issue, they should email their instructor within 24 hours.
- An absence from class for any reason will give an absence for that day. There are no excused absences. If a student must be absent from a class session due to technical difficulties or other issues, they should notify the instructor ahead of time.
All students enrolled in courses at WVU are required to enroll in the student health insurance plan. International students who are studying online and do not reside in the U.S. will not be required to enroll in the student health insurance plan.
Aetna Student Health is the WVU student health insurance plan carrier.
Graduate assistants and international students will be automatically enrolled in the West Virginia University Student Health Plan unless an appropriate waiver has been submitted and approved. Waivers are to be submitted to the WELLWVU’s Insurance Office.
Carla Coulter is available to answer insurance questions at 304-293-0257.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act affords eligible students certain rights with respect to their education records. To learn about student rights to privacy requiring written consent before the University discloses personally identifiable information, please select the following informational links or contact the Office of the Registrar.
Students and WVU faculty and staff may inquire further by contacting the Office of the Registrar.
Phone: 304-293-5355 | Fax: 304-293-7554
Parents may inquire further by contacting the Parent Relations Office.