Applying to one of ELLI's programs is simple. Learn more about our program requirements and then follow the instructions for your preferred program. The tuition and fees for full-time international students enrolled in ELLI provide access to all campus resources and services for undergraduate students.
Accelerated Mountaineer Program for ESL (AMP ESL)
Apply directly to West Virginia University using one of the international student application forms. After the application is received by WVU, any international student who does not meet the entry level English language requirements to begin full-time university study will be automatically directed to the AMP ESL program. You will receive assistance in registering for the appropriate AMP ESL courses.
Tuition and Fees: The cost of the AMP ESL program is linked to regular out-of-state undergraduate student tuition. AMP ESL students will also pay Eberly College tuition, University fees and a SEVIS compliance fee. All students must carry health insurance.
Deadlines and Dates: Programs operate on the WVU academic calendar for fall, spring and summer semesters.
Intensive English Program (IEP)
To apply for the IEP, first determine if you want to be a full-time or part-time student. Then, choose the appropriate link.
For new students, to apply to the IEP full-time, please follow these steps:
- Submit your online application. The application takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- Pay the application fee. The application fee may be paid either by a credit card, over the phone, with a money order or with a bank draft.
- Submit your transcripts.
- Submit a copy of your passport. The passport copy is required to ensure the correct spelling of your name and your correct date of birth. These are needed for visa documentation.
- Submit your affidavit of financial support and bank statement. Visa document regulations for students require that the student/sponsor has the financial capacity to pay for one academic year at WVU. Admissions decisions are made only on academic performance.
IEP Tuition and Fees
Tuition for full-time IEP students is $6,144 per semester. Part-time tuition is $1,024 per course, up to four courses per semester. IEP students will also pay University fees and SEVIS compliance fee. All students must carry health insurance.
IEP Application Deadlines for 2020-2021
- Fall 2020 semester
- On-campus face-to-face program: Applications due June 1, all documents due July 1
- Online program (no visa requirements): Applications due August 5
- Spring 2021 semester
- On-campus face-to-face program: Applications due October 1, all documents due November 1
- Online program (no visa requirements): Applications due January 5
- Summer 2021 semester: May 6