The English Language Learning Institute at WVU offers opportunities for short-term English as a second language study.
ELLI has been home to several shorter programs for nontraditional students as well as programs which have collaborated with partner universities and institutes abroad. WVU arranges programs for as few as four weeks, one semester or an academic year. Collaborating with partner institutions, ELLI has designed special programs for one or two academic semesters that allow students from other universities and programs to obtain advanced ESL instruction and transfer credits for courses taken at WVU. The short programs are tailored to meet the needs of a variety of organizations and individuals. Please email Livia Cascao for more information and to develop a program that meets the needs of your group.
Past short programs hosted by ELLI
- Brazil: IIE Brazil Science Without Borders, ULBRA Lutheran University of Brasil, University of Santarem
- China: Guang Zhou, Shanghai Normal University
- Japan: Aichi Shukutoku University, Athlete Brand Corporation, Chubu University, Estee Lauder, Itochu Corporation, Japan College of Foreign Languages, Kansai Gaidai University, Kindai University, Kinjo Gaukin University Tyngara Corporation/SMBC, Waseda University
- Mexico: University of Guanajuato Faculty Program, Proyecta 100,000
- Saudi Arabia: Jazan Medical School, Jazan Math, Jazan University
- South Korea: Dong A University, Pukyoung National University, Silla University
- UAE: Abu Dhabi Police Academy